Wednesday 8 September 2010

Telephone Bugging

TELEPHONE BUGGING/HACKING

I’ve been a private investigator since 1994 and I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t approached by someone who wanted a telephone bugged. Of course I didn’t take the work on as it is an illegal act. However, all of these enquirers would have found someone who hacked into the telephone conversation and no doubt charged a lot of money for the information.

People are now asking why the police are not following up these illegal phone tapping acts. Well in the first place it’s not an easy investigation as much of the work is carried out covertly and the equipment is left in place with very little evidence at the scene to connect the hacker or ‘bugger’ to the crime. Also, the police do not always know about the intelligence gathering of other agencies and as such, they are not going to tell anyone who they suspect of being bugged just in case they upset another Government department.

When I am not approached to bug somewhere I am approached to carry out electronic counter measures or ‘sweeps’. This of course I do carry out as it is not an illegal act. In essence this involves bringing in sophisticated electronic equipment that searches for bugs. Simple! No, not at all. I have seen a lot of so called counter measure sweeps that were no more that a couple of guys turning up with screw drivers and extremely simple battery operated equipment designed to scan the airways for signals. They are great at finding radio stations but are not capable of detecting the kind of equipment used in professional electronic surveillance.

If you have any questions about this interesting subject then please feel free to jump onto my web site http://www.kenngriffiths.com and send me a mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment