Thursday 12 November 2009

Private I and Tai Chi

I spend most of my life in conflict and fear. On any day I can be working alone, tracing people who do not want to be found, then serving them with Court Orders they do not want. Negotiating the release of abducted children. Carrying out close protection work and investigations for prominent people and companies, mediating in disputes and living in dangerous surrounding gathering evidence against organised crime.

My respite has always been martial arts. I'm in my mid-fifties, my mind is in my early twenties!! To keep myself healthy I practice Tai Chi everyday. Today I will spend the morning with one of my Tai Chi Masters and then later I will teach my Tai Chi Class.

As a former soldier and undercover operator I am sure that I have suffered from post traumatic stress and can honestly say that I believe that I would not have been as content and happy as I am without Tai Chi.

In essence, I realised a long time ago that life is difficult; will always be difficult. Believing that things will be 'better' when the kids leave home, when I leave home etc. etc. does not bring total harmony. There will always be difficulties so I just accept that and carry on enjoying the difficult times as much as the 'good' times. I just live, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment